Friday, July 26, 2013

But I want you to make it for me...

This is my bff, my sister from another mister, and the person I share a brain with...My darling sister Cid.  She is going to hit me with a pan the next time she sees me for using this picture but that's ok because I know she loves me even if I do put bad pictures of her on my blog.  A while back she had posted pictures of some chicken pot pies she made on her FB page and I wanted to fly down just to have a taste (yes they looked good enough to get me on a plane).  Today she is our guest in the kitchen sharing her secret.

Sister Cid's Easy Peasy Chicken Pot Pie  
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
What you need:
4 refrigerated pie crusts (9-inch)
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup 
1 16 oz package frozen mixed vegetables
12 oz pre cooked chicken breasts chicken (cubed in ½ pieces)

What to Do:

Heat oven to 425°F. 
Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pans.
In a bowl mix soup, frozen veggies and chicken. 
Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pans. 
Top with uncooked second crust; seal edge and flute. 
Cut slits in several places in top crust.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. 
During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. 
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.


So a little thanks to my sister for always being there for me even through the horrible fashions of the 80's....
Much love and kisses... thanks for playing guest chef today!

P.S.  I still want you to make it for me 'cause ya know everything tastes better when you didn't have to cook it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment