Friday, August 9, 2013

You got your Chinese food in my Mexican food

So the other day my friend posted a link to this on her FB page...

Original recipe from kitchenmeetsgirl.com
 I fell in love with the concept of this but I didn't necessarily like the idea of a whole pan of dip cause that can be dangerous around me (I have a tendency to want to try to eat the whole pan if no one is around). 


While at the grocery store I saw won ton wraps and an idea began brewing in my head...what if I take the basic recipe for the jalapeno dip and fuse it with cream cheese rangoons (another one of my snack favorites). This is what I came up with...

Poppin' Hot Rangoons

So come along my lovelies today in the kitchen we are going to do an experiment of the yummy kind.

What you need:


2 - 3 pan roasted Jalapenos, seeded, skinned and diced
2 large cloves pan Roasted Garlic minced
1 (8-ounce) package Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup Real Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Green Onion 
(Nerd girl in the kitchen note: instead of chopping green onion, use your kitchen scissors and cut them instead... there is less bruising that way)

1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 cup crumbled Fresco Cheese (your local Mexican store will have this)

1 tablespoon Frank's Red Hot Sauce

About 15 - 20 Won Ton Skins (you can usually find these in the freezer section of your local grocery store by the oriental cuisine)

What to do:

Pan roast jalapenos and garlic in a small saute pan with a little EVOO, after cooling, remove skin and seeds from peppers and dice then mince the garlic.

Preheat Deep Fryer to 375.

In a medium bowl, combine everything but the wonton skins and mix well.

Place about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese filling in the middle of a wonton wrapper. Use your finger and run a small amount of water around the outer edges of wrapper and pinch top and side edges.

Place 3 or 4 at a time in deep fryer and fry for 1.5 minutes then flip and continue to fry another 1.5 minutes.  Remove from fryer and drain on paper towels.


So to get the full fusion effect of Chinese and Mexican mingle try serving with some pepper jelly to imitate a sweet & sour sauce with a little Mexican flair.


So there we go a little experimental yummy for your tummy...enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment